Happy New Year!
As you might have noticed, 2014 was a VERY full year for me. My personal life went a little crazy, but things are slowly getting back to normal now. I’m looking forward to 2015 and all the great things I’ve got planned, one namely being blogging on a regular basis. I’m kicking off the new year with a neat blogging idea my friend Megan Gotch at The Nerdy Girlie implements called “Fandom Five,” where she lists 5 cool things in a fandom she loves. I’d like to follow suit and feature them on Fridays. Here’s my Friday Fandom Five for the New Year–five nerdy things I’d like to explore in the new
New Year’s Nerding!
- Podcasts. If you’ve known me for any length of time, you know that I’m a self-professed podcast junkie. However, I’ve not listened to a new-to-me podcast in over a year. I’ve got a few that I’m going to try out, but first, I need to make more space on my little laptop. If you have favorites, please leave me a recommendation in the comments.
- Tabletop Gaming. Over the past year, my husband and I have developed a deeper love for Tabletop Gaming. We were casual Catan players before, but now we’ve dug deeper into the tabletop addiction. For Christmas this year, we received 5 different board games and are looking forward to trying them all out. What do you like to play? I’d love to try new games this year!
- Reading. What do you like to read? Right now, I’ve not had a lot of time to read many things outside of my coursework at Mythgard Institute. (I’m looking forward to Science Fiction II this term–still time to sign up, by the way)! What were your favorite books from the past year? I do most of my reading through audiobooks now, so pass your favorites along!
- Conventions. North Carolina is somewhat of a Nerd Center in the southeast. Despite all the great conventions and fandom-related events nearby, I’ve not had the time or opportunity to attend any! Shameful! I’d love to visit a fun fan event in the area this year, maybe even a more than one! What is your favorite con to attend?
- Retro Gaming. One of my Christmas gifts this year was a Sega Genesis–a system I always wanted as a kid, but never had. All I need to do now is order some Surge and I’ll be 11 years old again. I’ve always loved the older games more than the newer ones, so I’m planning to collect some more games for this system and maybe fulfill 6-year-old Ashley’s dream of owning a NES and Atari 2600. Do you have a favorite classic gaming system? What was your favorite game as a kid? Any recommendations for the Sega Genesis? I’d love to hear from you.
What is your Fandom Five? What nerdy things are you exploring in the New Year?